from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A low stool for supporting the feet.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A low stool for supporting the feet while seated.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A low stool to support the feet of one when sitting.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A stool, usually small and low, to rest the feet upon while sitting; by extension, anything serving for the same use.
- n. Figuratively, a person or thing that is trodden upon or oppressed; hence, one who is an abject thrall, dependent, or tool.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a low seat or a stool to rest the feet of a seated person
foot + stool (Wiktionary)