from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or constituting a fraction.
- adj. Very small; insignificant: a minor candidate's fractional share of the vote.
- adj. Being in fractions or pieces.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Pertaining to a fraction.
- adj. Divided; fragmentary; incomplete.
- adj. Very small; minute.
- adj. Relating to a process or product of fractional distillation.
- n. An expression of a fractional number.
- n. Partial ownership of a property, such as real estate or a chartered airplane, such that each partial owner has use of the property for only a portion of the time.
- n. Relating to a fraction in a material distillation or separation process.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to fractions or a fraction; constituting a fraction.
- adj. Relatively small; inconsiderable; insignificant.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to fractions; comprising a part or the parts of a unit; constituting a fraction: as, fractional numbers.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. constituting or comprising a part or fraction of a possible whole or entirety
From fraction + -al. (Wiktionary)