from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A disorderly fight, argument, or competition in which everyone present participates. See Synonyms at brawl.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Chaos; a chaotic situation lacking rules or control.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a noisy and disordered fight conducted without rules.
- n. Any vigorous competition in which anyone can compete, with few or no rules, and in which the winner is unpredictable.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a noisy fight in a crowd
Sorry, no etymologies found.