from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A period indicating the end of a sentence.
- n. A complete halt, as one made by a motor vehicle.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The punctuation mark “.” (indicating the end of a sentence or marking an abbreviation).
- interj. Used to emphasize the end of an important statement or point when speaking.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a punctuation mark (.) placed at the end of a declarative sentence to indicate a full stop or after abbreviations
Sorry, no etymologies found.