from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of gas.
- n. Poisoning by noxious gas.
- n. The liberation of hydrogen from an overcharged battery due to electrolysis of the electrolyte.
- n. The process of passing cotton goods between two rollers and exposing them to numerous minute jets of gas to burn off the small fibres.
- n. Any similar process of singeing.
- n. boasting; insincere or empty talk
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The process of passing cotton goods between two rollers and exposing them to numerous minute jets of gas to burn off the small fibers; any similar process of singeing.
- n. Boasting; insincere or empty talk.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The process of singeing lace, cotton, yarn, etc., to remove the hairy filaments.
- n. The act or practice of talking in an idle, empty manner; talking nonsense.
- n. The fumigating of fruit-trees by means of hydrocyanic-acid gas, to destroy insects.
- n. The evolution of gas from the plates of a storage or secondary cell.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the deliberate act of poisoning some person or animal with gas
- n. the process of interacting with gas
Sorry, no etymologies found.