from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that is in charge of passage through a gate.
- n. One who monitors or oversees the actions of others.
- n. A primary-care provider, often in the setting of a managed-care organization, who coordinates patient care and provides referrals to specialists, hospitals, laboratories, and other medical services.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who guards or monitors passage through a gate
- n. A person or group who controls access to something or somebody
- n. A common orange and brown butterfly with eyespots, Pyronia tithonus, of the Nymphalidae family.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who guards an entrance
- n. someone who controls access to something
From gate + keeper. (Wiktionary)