from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Solidification by cooling or freezing.
- n. The process of forming a gel.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The formation of a solid by cooling; freezing
- n. The formation of a gel, especially from a sol
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The process of becoming solid by cooling; a cooling and solidifying.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The assumption of the solid state by cooling below common atmospheric temperature; freezing.
Latin gelātiō, gelātiōn-, from gelātus, past participle of gelāre, to freeze; see gel- in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)