from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of several flowering plants, of the genus Gelsemium, many of which are poisonous
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A genus of climbing plants. The yellow (false) jasmine (Gelsemium sempervirens) is a native of the Southern United States. It has showy and deliciously fragrant flowers.
- n. The root of the yellow jasmine, used in malarial fevers, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A genus of twining shrubs of the order Loganiaceæ, with opposite entire evergreen leaves and fragrant yellow flowers.
- n. [lowercase] The root of this plant, or the tincture prepared from it, used as a drug.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. evergreen twining shrubs of Americas and southeastern Asia
Sorry, no etymologies found.