from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Informal Contraction of give me.
- adj. Slang Demanding material things or especially money; acquisitive: today's gimme society; tired of gimme letters.
- n. Sports A putt that is granted to a fellow player as successfully made either before it is attempted or after it is missed in an informal game of golf.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. give me.
- n. something easily obtained
- n. A tap-in putt, usually a couple inches from the cup.
Written form of a reduction of "give me" (Wiktionary)