from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A yarn-dyed cotton fabric woven in stripes, checks, plaids, or solid colors.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A cotton fabric made from dyed and white yarn woven in checks
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A kind of cotton or linen cloth, usually in stripes or checks, the yarn of which is dyed before it is woven; -- distinguished from printed cotton or prints.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A cotton fabric woven of plain dyed yarns, in a single color or different colors, or of dyed and white yarns, combined in grays or other mixtures, checks, plaids, or stripes.
- Made or consisting of gingham.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a clothing fabric in a plaid weave
Dutch ginggang, from Malay.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Malay genggang. (Wiktionary)