from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The smooth area between the eyebrows just above the nose.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The space between the eyebrows and the nose.
- n. The axial protuberance on the cephalon of certain arthropods (especially trilobites)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The space between the eyebrows, also including the corresponding part of the frontal bone; the mesophryon.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In anatomy and zoology, same as glabellum.
- n. Plural of glabellum.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a smooth prominence of the frontal bone between and above the eyebrows; the most forward projecting point of the forehead in the midline at the level of the supraorbital ridges
New Latin, from feminine of Latin glabellus, hairless, diminutive of glaber.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)