from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Pertaining to both the tongue and the pharynx
- n. Any of the glossopharyngeal nerves.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to both the tongue and the pharynx; -- applied especially to the ninth pair of cranial nerves, which are distributed to the pharynx and tongue.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In anatomy, of or pertaining to the tongue and the pharynx.
- n. The glossopharyngeal nerve.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. pertaining to the tongue and throat
From Ancient Greek γλῶσσα (glōssa, "the tongue") + φάρυγξ (pharunks, "pharynx"). (Wiktionary)