from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The making of drawings in accordance with the rules of mathematics, as in engineering or architecture.
- n. Calculations, as of structural stress, from such drawings.
- n. See graphic arts.
- n. Computer Science The pictorial representation and manipulation of data, as used in computer-aided design and manufacture, in typesetting and the graphic arts, and in educational and recreational programs.
- n. Computer Science The process by which a computer displays data pictorially.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The making of architectural or design drawings.
- n. The graphic arts.
- n. The pictorial representation and manipulation of data; the process by which a computer displays data.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The art or the science of drawing; esp. of drawing according to mathematical rules, as in perspective, projection, and the like.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The art of drawing, particularly of precise mechanical drawing, as of architectural and engineering plans.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the drawings and photographs in the layout of a book
- n. photographs or other visual representations in a printed publication
Sorry, no etymologies found.