from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of various sporozoan protozoans of the order Gregarinida that are parasitic within the digestive tracts of various invertebrates including arthropods and annelids.
- adj. Of or belonging to the order Gregarinida.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of various sporozoan protozoans, of the order Gregarinida that are parasitic in the digestive tracts of some invertebrates
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to the Gregarinæ.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having the characters of a gregarina; pertaining to the Gregarinidæ.
- n. One of the Gregarinidæ.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. vermiform protozoans parasitic in insects and other invertebrates
From New Latin Gregārīna, type genus, from Latin gregārius, belonging to a flock; see gregarious.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)