from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of various chiefly arboreal African monkeys, primarily of the genus Cercopithecus, having long hind legs and a long tail.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The Old World monkeys of the genus Cercopithecus.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Any of several long-tailed arboreal African monkeys, of the genera Cercopithecus and Erythrocebus (formerly classified as Cercocebus), such as as the green monkey (Cercopithecus callitrichus) and grivet (Cercopithecus griseo-viridis).
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A French name, very generally adopted as a book-name, for the old-world monkeys of the genus Cercopithecus.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. small slender African monkey having long hind limbs and tail and long hair around the face
French.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)