from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Informal An estimate based on conjecture.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An estimate that is hardly any better than a guess, often because it is based on insufficient or unreliable data.
- v. To make a guesstimate.
- v. To make a guesstimate of a specific quantity.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. an estimate based on little information, being little better than a guess.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. estimate based on a calculation
- n. an estimate that combines reasoning with guessing
Blend of guess and estimate.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Blend of guess and estimate (Wiktionary)