from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The chickaree or red squirrel.
- n. The chipmunk.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The chipmunk; also, the chickaree or red squirrel.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The common chipmunk or ground-squirrel of the United States, Tamias striatus. See cut under chipmunk.
- n. In ceramics, a mixture of whiting and gum painted on biscuit-ware when a reserved design is desired in a printed pattern. The whiting drops off in the kiln, leaving a white reserved design on the ground color.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. small striped semiterrestrial eastern American squirrel with cheek pouches
From its chittering cry when alarmed. (Wiktionary)