from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Being half one thing and half another: a half-and-half mixture of linseed oil and turpentine.
- adv. In equal portions.
- n. A mixture of two things in equal portions, especially a mixture of equal parts of milk and cream.
- n. Chiefly British A blend of malt liquors, especially porter and ale.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Alternative spelling of half and half.
- adv. Alternative spelling of half and half.
- n. Alternative spelling of half and half.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A mixture of two malt liquors, esp. porter and ale, in about equal parts.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A mixture of malt liquors; in England, especially, a mixture of porter and ale; in some parts of the United States, old and new ale mixed.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. in equal parts
- adv. in equal parts
- n. half milk and half light cream; contains 10% to 18% butterfat
Sorry, no etymologies found.