from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A colorless or white mineral, NaCl, occurring as cubic crystals and found in dried lakebeds in arid climates, mined or gathered for use as table salt.
- n. Rock salt.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Native salt; sodium chloride NaCl as a mineral; rock salt.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Native salt; sodium chloride.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In mineralogy, native rock-salt.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. naturally occurring crystalline sodium chloride
Sorry, no etymologies found.