from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of haulm.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Same as haulm.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The stem or stalk of grain of any kind, and of peas, beans, hops, etc.
- n. Straw; the dry stalks of corn, etc., in general.
- n. In England, especially, a kind of grass, Ammophila arundinacea or Psamma arenaria. Also called maram, matweed, and stare. See Ammophila.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. stems of beans and peas and potatoes and grasses collectively as used for thatching and bedding
Sorry, no etymologies found.