from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Bound in cloth, cardboard, or leather rather than paper. Used of books.
- n. A hardcover book.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A book with a rigid binding, often of cardboard or leather.
- adj. Having a rigid binding.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- Same as hardback n. and a.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a book with cardboard or cloth or leather covers
- adj. having a hard back or cover
Sorry, no etymologies found.