from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Chiefly British A conical mound of hay.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A small, conical stack of hay left in a field to dry before adding to a haystack
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A conical pile or heap of hay in the field.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A. small conical pile or heap of hay thrown up in a hay-field while the hay is being cured or is awaiting removal to a barn.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a small cone-shaped pile of hay that has been left in the field until it is dry enough to carry to the hayrick
Sorry, no etymologies found.