from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of counting how many people are present in a group.
- n. The number of people present in a group or employed by a company.
- n. More generally, a consideration of a company's appropriate staffing level based on some larger context. (Generally used adjectivally.)
- n. By extension, one slot in a workgroup, filled or to be filled by one person.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. number of people in a particular group
compounding of head count (Wiktionary)