from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The condition of serfdom.
- n. Helots considered as a group.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The helots collectively; slaves; bondsmen.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The Helots, collectively; slaves; bondsmen.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The condition of a Helot; serfdom; slavery.
- n. Helots in a collective sense; a body of persons in a condition similar to that of the ancient Helots.
helot + -ry? (Wiktionary)