from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Slang A performer or devotee of swing and jazz, especially during the 1940s.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A jazz performer, especially one from the 1940s and 1950s.
- n. A person associated with the jazz subculture of the 1940s and 1950s; a hipster.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who performs jazz music.
- n. A person who is hep or hip; same as hipster; -- an older term becoming dated and less used.
Sorry, no etymologies found.