from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The condition or quality of being heterodox.
- n. A heterodox opinion or doctrine.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The quality of being heterodox.
- n. A heterodox belief, creed, or teaching.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An opinion or doctrine, or a system of doctrines, contrary to some established standard of faith, as the Scriptures, the creed or standards of a church, etc.; heresy.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The quality or state of being heterodox: as, the heterodoxy of a doctrine, book, or person.
- n. A heterodox belief or doctrine; a departure from an established standard or principle; a heresy.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the quality of being unorthodox
- n. any opinions or doctrines at variance with the official or orthodox position
From Ancient Greek ἑτεροδοξία. (Wiktionary)