from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, or relating to heteroplasm
- adj. Of a graft between individuals of different species
- adj. Of cells possessing plastids from two or more parent cells or organisms.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Producing a different type of organism; developing into a different form of tissue, as cartilage which develops into bone.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or characterized by heteroplasia.
- Dissimilar in structure, as different tissues of the body. Thus, nerve-tissue, muscle-tissue, and bone-tissue are heteroplastic with reference one to another.
Sorry, no etymologies found.