from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Indicating or being a multistoried building equipped with elevators: a high-rise apartment building.
- adj. Of, relating to, or marked by multistoried buildings: a high-rise fire; a high-rise district.
- adj. Of, relating to, or being a bicycle with small wheels, a banana-shaped seat, and high handlebars.
- n. A multistoried building equipped with elevators.
- n. A high-rise bicycle.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A tall building, one of many stories.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. tower consisting of a multistoried building of offices or apartments
- adj. used of buildings of many stories equipped with elevators; tall
high + rise (Wiktionary)