from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Operated or designed for operation at high speed: a high-speed food processor.
- adj. Taking place at high speed: a high-speed chase.
- adj. Having a speed of 50-500 frames per second, as movie film, to record events that occur too rapidly for usual photography.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. That operates, moves or takes place at a greater than normal speed.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. same as fast. Opposite of
- adj. performed at a high rate of speed.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. operating at high speed
Sorry, no etymologies found.