from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who hits or strikes something.
- n. Baseball A batter.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Agent noun of hit; one who hits.
- n. One who comes up to bat.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who hits or strikes.
- n. The batter.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who hits or strikes, as in batting, boxing, etc.: as, a hard hitter (that is, one who delivers a hard or heavy blow).
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (baseball) a ballplayer who is batting
- n. someone who hits
Sorry, no etymologies found.