from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of home.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Home-returning; -- used specifically of carrier pigeons.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of going home.
- Coming home; characterized by an instinctive tendency to return home on being released from restraint: applied to the lower animals, especially to birds, such as carrier-pigeons, that have the faculty of returning from great distances to the place where they were reared, whence their usefulness in conveying written messages.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. orienting or directing homeward or to a destination
Sorry, no etymologies found.