from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Homologous.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having a similar evolutionary origin; homologous.
- adj. Having to do with homology.
- adj. Of an adjective, describing itself.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to homology; having a structural affinity proceeding from, or base upon, that kind of relation termed homology.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or characterized by homology; having a structural affinity: distinguished from analogical, and opposed to adaptive. See homology.
- In geometry, being in homology or plane perspective, as two figures in one plane.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. similar in evolutionary origin but not in function
Sorry, no etymologies found.