from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A whip used to control a horse.
- transitive v. To beat with or as if with a horsewhip.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A whip used on horses.
- v. To flog or lash somebody savagely with a horsewhip.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A whip for horses.
- transitive v. To flog or chastise with a horsewhip.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A whip for driving or controlling horses.
- To chastise with a horsewhip.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. whip with a whip intended for horses
- n. a whip for controlling horses
horse + whip (Wiktionary)