from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Slang A person of impressive skill and daring, especially one who is highly successful and self-assured.
- n. A nonstop freight train.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Highly skilled.
- adj. Displaying talent.
- n. Someone with exceptional skills in a certain field.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a successful, self-confident person who is regarded by others as highly skilled; -- sometimes used ironically in reference to aggressive persons whose opinion of their own talents is considered exaggerated.
- adj. highly talented, self-confident and successful.
- adj. flamboyantly displaying one's skills.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A foolish, inconsiderate fellow.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who is dazzlingly skilled in any field
Sorry, no etymologies found.