from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of husk.
- n. A meeting of neighbours or friends to assist in husking maize.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act or process of stripping off husks, as from Indian corn.
- n. A meeting of neighbors or friends to assist in husking maize; -- called also.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of stripping off husks, as of maize.
- n. A gathering of persons to assist in husking Indian corn (maize), usually with feasting and merrymaking. Also called husking-bee.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the removal of covering
Sorry, no etymologies found.