from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The plane locus of a point fixed on a circle that rolls on the inside circumference of a fixed circle.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The locus of a point on the circumference of a circle that rolls without slipping inside the circumference of another circle.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A curve traced by a point in the circumference of a circle which rolls on the concave side in the fixed circle. Cf. epicycloid, and trochoid.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In geometry, a curve described by a point on the circumference of a circle which rolls upon the inside of another circle.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a line generated by a point on a circle that rolls around inside another circle
Sorry, no etymologies found.