from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Worship of icons or images.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The worship of images as symbols.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The worship of images as symbols; -- distinguished from
idolatry, the worship of images themselves.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The worship or adoration of images; idolatry.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the worship of sacred images
See iconolater. (Wiktionary)