from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A polyhedron having 20 faces.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A polyhedron with twenty faces.
- n. A regular icosahedron: one of the Platonic solids, all of whose faces are regular triangles
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A solid bounded by twenty sides or faces.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A solid bounded by twenty planes.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any polyhedron having twenty plane faces
Greek eikosaedron : eikosi, twenty; + -edron, -hedron.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Ancient Greek εἰκοσάεδρον, from εἴκοσι ("twenty") + ἕδρα (hedra, "face of a geometrical solid"). (Wiktionary)