from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. That cannot undergo mixing or blending: immiscible elements.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. (of two or more liquids) that are not mutually soluble; unmixable
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not capable of being mixed or mingled.
- adj. Not miscible; forming two distinct phases when mixed at some concentration; -- of two liquids.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not miscible; incapable of being or becoming mixed, as oil and water.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (chemistry, physics) incapable of mixing
Sorry, no etymologies found.