from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that impels, as a rotating device used to force a fluid in a desired direction under pressure.
- n. A rotor or rotor blade.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Something which or someone who impels, usually a part of a pump.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, impels.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which impels.
- n. Specifically, the revolving wheel or pumping element of a centrifugal fan or pump.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the blade of a rotor (as in the compressor of a jet engine)
Sorry, no etymologies found.