from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Intermediate: Adolescence is an awkward, in-between age.
- n. An intermediate: conservatives, radicals, and in-betweens.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of that which is between.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. being neither at the beginning nor at the end in a series or time sequence.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. being neither at the beginning nor at the end in a series
Sorry, no etymologies found.