from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Grammar See intensive.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. That which intensifies.
- n. A word or particle that heightens or lowers the intensity of meaning of an item.
- n. An agent used to intensify the lights or shadows of a picture.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who or that which intensifies or strengthens; in photography, an agent used to intensify the lights or shadows of a picture.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which intensifies.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a modifier that has little meaning except to intensify the meaning it modifies
intensify + -er; from the most common use of such terms, to intensify an adjective. (Wiktionary)