from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- intransitive v. To breed with another kind or species; hybridize.
- intransitive v. To breed within a narrow range or with closely related types or individuals; inbreed.
- transitive v. To cause to interbreed.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To breed or reproduce within a isolated community.
- v. To breed or reproduce within a heterogenous community, the products of which produce hybrids.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- v. To breed by crossing different stocks of animals or plants.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To breed by crossing species or varieties; cross-breed.
- To practise cross-breeding, as a farmer.
- To procreate with an animal of a different variety or species: as, hens and pheasants interbreed.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. breed animals or plants using parents of different races and varieties
Sorry, no etymologies found.