from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act of intercepting or the state of being intercepted.
- n. Something, such as a missile, an aircraft, or a radio transmission, that is intercepted.
- n. Sports A pass that is intercepted, especially a forward pass in football.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An act of intercepting something, the state of being intercepted, or a thing that is intercepted.
- n. A passing play where the ball is received by the opposing team.
- n. a pass that is intercepted by an opposing player.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of intercepting
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of intercepting; a stopping or cutting off; obstruction; hindrance.
- n. Intrusion; intervention.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (American football) the act of catching a football by a player on the opposing team
- n. the act of intercepting; preventing something from proceeding or arriving
Sorry, no etymologies found.