from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A blank leaf inserted between the regular pages of a book.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A leaf, often of tissue paper or other thin paper, inserted between the pages of a book to protect illustrations.
- n. A sheet of paper or cardboard, placed between layers on a pallet to create a cohesive structure.
- v. Same as interleave
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A leaf inserted between other leaves; a blank leaf inserted, as in a book.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One of a number of (blank) leaves inserted between the leaves of a book for notes and additions.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a blank leaf inserted between the leaves of a book
Sorry, no etymologies found.