from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having the same color or wavelength. Used of light.
- adj. Orthochromatic.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having the same colour or wavelength.
- adj. Of or corresponding to constant colour.
- adj. Of uniform colour.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having the same color; connecting parts having the same color, as lines drawn through certain points in experiments on the chromatic effects of polarized light in crystals.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having the same color: said of the two series of oval curves of the interference figures of biaxial crystals.
- In phytog., same as orthochromatic.
Iso- + chromatic. (Wiktionary)