from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A usually power-driven saw with a narrow vertical blade, used to cut sharp curves.
- transitive v. To cut or form with a jigsaw.
- transitive v. To arrange intricately; interlock.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A saw with fine teeth and a narrow blade which can cut curves in wood or metal.
- n. A jigsaw puzzle.
- v. To cut something using a jigsaw.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. fine-toothed power saw with a narrow blade; used to cut curved outlines
- n. a portable power saw with a reciprocating blade; can be used with a variety of blades depending on the application and kind of cut; generally have a plate that rides on the surface that is being cut
jig + saw (Wiktionary)