from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Consommé or broth garnished with long thin strips of vegetables.
- adj. Cut into long thin strips: julienne potatoes; julienned pork.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a garnish of vegetables cut into long, thin strips.
- v. To prepare by cutting in this way.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A kind of soup containing thin slices or shreds of carrots, onions, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A clear soup containing various herbs or vegetables cut in very small pieces.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. cut into long thin strips
- n. a vegetable cut into thin strips (usually used as a garnish)
- n. a clear soup garnished with julienne vegetables
French, probably from the name Julienne.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From French julienne (Wiktionary)