from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A lattice or latticelike structure.
- n. An open, crisscross pattern or weave.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A lattice or latticelike structure; interlacing laths or strips.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Same as lattice, n., 1.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A grating formed of crossing strips with small openings. Compare lattice, 1.
- n. In embroidery, the outline of a lattice, done in outline-stitch on solid material, and employed as a background.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. framework consisting of an ornamental design made of strips of wood or metal
Sorry, no etymologies found.