from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Weaving in which the warp yarns are paired and twisted.
- n. A fabric having such a weave.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A type of weave used to make light, open cotton fabric used for window curtains.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A light open cotton fabric used for window curtains.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A very thin linen cloth made in imitation of muslin, and sometimes called linen muslin.
Perhaps from French linon, linen fabric, from lin, flax, from Old French, from Latin līnum; see linen.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Italian leno ("weak, flexible") (Wiktionary)